If only I would follow this advice! I have on occasion said "my kid would never", "or I would never", and slowly I am eating each one of these nevers. Well two weeks ago I had to swallow another one. Go back a few years and I was heard to have said "I would never want to serve in Relief Society, they do soooo much work and I don't think I would be able to handle it and remain sane at the same time." Skip ahead to two weeks ago and I heard the Bishop say "the Lord would have you serve as the next Relief Society President, will you accept this call." (yeah, I know my jaw hit the floor too) Many tears were shed and somewhere in all the blubbering I must have said yes because he told me to get him some names for my counselors and to be ready to be sustained in two weeks. Needless to say it has been an interesting two weeks and I have found a new level of crying. At the same time it has already been one of the choicest experiences of my life. I was set apart yesterday and I know that if I give it my all, I will be blessed with the help that I will need to fulfill the things the Lord would have me do. It is true "The Lord does not give us what we can handle, He helps us handle what we are given."
6 comments:
You will do an amazing job. The sisters in your ward are very blessed to have you. Love ya!
WOW!! I thought I was overwhelmed in my new calling (primary chorister) but now I feel pretty relieved. Congrats, you will do great things!
WOW!!! Congrats!! I have learned the hard way to never say never. Good luck to you in your new calling!
whooohooo, congrats!
Jaymie, I have faith that you will do great!! I am always here to help with the kids or dinner or whatever. Lots of Love!!
I actually remember you saying something along those lines about RS when I was serving! hahahaha! ;D
In all seriousness- you will be awesome! I am truly excited for you. I quickly learned serving in the RS Presidency is a time consuming, sometimes frustrating, humbling, yet wonderfully rewarding experience that you (& your family) will be blessed greatly for! You will develop a great love & appreciation for the sisters in your ward, VTing & the whole RS Program. You will draw upon your experiences for years to come!!!
Most of all you will develop a great friendship with those sisters who serve with you. (By the way who was put in with you?) You will spend a lot of time with them & in turn learn so much from them.
Like you said, the Lord will help you handle this just fine! You will do great!
Post a Comment