Today we had the opportunity to go to the temple with my little sister Jackie. Jackie is just 18 months younger than me and was born with Williams Syndrome. She has worked hard these last few months getting ready and meeting with the bishop and stake president. She got her recommend a few weeks ago and today was the day. She invited just about everyone she knows and was blessed to have many loved ones come. It was definitely one of the best experiences in the temple that I have had. She did really well with everything and was all smiles at the end of the day. She is quite the example to many. It is something that isn't required of those with handicaps, but that didn't matter to Jackie. She knows that it is something to be done while on this earth and was determined to do it for herself. Being in the temple is one of my most favorite things and today is a day to be remembered.
2 comments:
Tell Jackie that we are so happy for her! She is such an amazing girl!
I am so excited for Jackie. Tell her congrats & hopefully I will see her around town sometime soon so I can tell her personally & give her a hug!
Post a Comment