CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

He's growing!!

Today we went for another check up for Van. He weighs 7lbs 3oz, which means he has gained 9 oz in 7 days. He is now 20" long meaning he grew 3/4" in 7 days! No wonder it seems as if he is growing before our eyes. I am so pleased that he is growing. We have never had "chunky" babies and I don't think Van chunk out, but I love to know that I am doing my part as a mom to make my baby grow. It makes the long nights and all the soreness worth it.

I can't believe how well all the boys have adjusted to having a baby in the house. Tallon has proven to be the best helper. He is good to hold and rock Van while I am trying to get something done and is so patient and kind to him.

Orrin has really warmed up to his little brother. He is always wanting to know where Van is and trying to give him his binkie when he cries. He has loved holding him but would rather stroke his head and talk to him while someone else holds him.

Vivin has put dibs on Van. He tells everyone that Van is HIS baby. I think he is really liking being a big brother. He loves to hold Van. The other day Tyler literally had to pry the baby from Vivin so he could change him, who knew a 3 year old could be so strong.

Tyler is really missing being home with his baby. It has been hard for him to come home on the weekends and not know how to calm Van. He has always bonded so quickly with his babies and it is sad to see his frustration with not having the time to spend with Van.It will be nice to have Ty home every night so that they will be able to develop the same bond that he has with his other boys.

As for me I am loving life. I have never felt so good after having a baby. I even mowed the lawn on Saturday! I love having our little one on one time which falls from 10:30 pm to about 12:30 am. Van is so awake during this time. He looks around and seems to be taking everything in. He doesn't have a fussy time which has been really nice. He is plain and simple just a GOOD baby.

0 comments: