To start- I flunked the 28 week glucose test. I got to do the fun 3 hour one and flunked that one too. Gestational Diabetes. I got to meet with the diabetes specialist and got set up with a blood monitor and all that fun stuff. I have religiously done a restricted carb diet for the past week and a half and I have flunked that too. I get to meet with the diabetes specialist again this week, this time she will teach me how to give myself insulin shots. Sounds like fun.
To top it all off- remember when I mentioned having anti E antibodies. I googled it and cried for 2 days. I have done blood draws to monitor it once a month. They have all came back 1-8. That's good. I got to the point where I had forgotten all about the antibodies except for the 5th of the month when I knew I need to do my draws. Today I talked to the doctors office, they had my blood results. 1-256. NOT.GOOD. Really not good. I am waiting to hear from the University of Utah. I will set up an appointment to meet once again with Dr. Varner, the perintoloigst. If you want some really depressing reading google, hemolytic anemia of the newborn. I have cried and taken Tylenol. Now I am going to go lay down and try to rest.
Crazy is as crazy does...
13 years ago

5 comments:
Oh Jaymie I am so sorry! I can't even imagine. I will keep you and the baby in my prayers for sure! Love from Texas!
~Carolyn
jaymie just want you to know we are thinking of you and your family here in Cheyenne.we will continue to hope for the best. We love you!
On the up side - insulin shots are no big deal:) Prayers coming your way.
Jaymie, I am so sorry to hear about all of this. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if we can help in anyway. Lots of love!
Catherine
I am so sorry! I will keep you and that sweet baby boy in my prayers! If I can help in anyway (babysit, meals, tissue...) please let me know!
Post a Comment