CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Better

Well after a long day filled with Doctor visits, Tyler and I both feel a bit better. We started off with a level 2 ultrasound at St. Johns in Jackson. The perinologist is confident with the staff in Jackson, so he is letting us do a lot of our visits there instead of having to go down to the U. It is always great to see your baby and hear a healthy heartbeat. They are mostly looking at all the internal organs and if there is any fluid building up around them, and the cerebral artery (the main blood flow through the brain). The tech was wonderful and very comforting with everything she was doing and took a lot of extra time and let us see our little man. The perinologist read the ultrasound and told us that right now we are in the "low risk" area for anemia and that we should repeat the ultrasound in 7 days. Great News!

Our next stop was with the diabetes support and I will have to admit that it was okay. I had to give myself a practice shot before we could leave and I was able to do it without shaking, throwing up, or passing out. Tyler was great support and only teased a little. I get to do shots twice a day, once before breakfast and again before dinner.

We finally got to visit with Dr. Roberts at the end of the day and really get the low down of what is going on. Her report was a lot easier to handle than google's. I love that she is optimistic but still realistic. She also did an ultrasound to measure baby and see how he is developing on the diabetes side of things. She measured him to be around 3lbs 6oz. She was so pleased with all our numbers and especially my blood pressure. The fact that we are 32 weeks is awesome for development and she was very reassuring with everything.

Right now we are doing a weekly ultrasound to monitor the organs and blood flow in the brain. We will change our plans depending on the results.

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers, they have been felt and I know that things will go according to the plan that our Father in Heaven has for us. We are full of hope that His plan includes delivering a healthy baby at a facility that can care for him and his needs and that all will end in happiness.

3 comments:

PONCIANO said...

I'm so glad that Dr visit went better. I'm so glad to hear this. I've been meaning to call and check on you. But I'm so busy and all:) You know how it is. I do plan on checking on you one of these days. If you ever can't give yourself a shot let me know I'll send my kids over. When I broke my leg I had to give myself shots and I started letting my kids do if they were good and I didn't have to fight with them to do jobs. It worked wonders:) If you need something let me know!!

Catherine Andrews said...

I am glad to hear that all is going well. What a blessing. Keep me updated and let me know what we can do to help. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

jessie said...

Jaymie it felt great to read this post. Know you are thought of often. Love ya jess