CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Well, its a First!

I sit in our basement typing at 12:20 am. Why you ask. Because of the Tornado Sirens!!!! Tonight we have had a really crazy storm. We went to bed like normal and fell asleep listening to the rain. Around midnight, Tyler and I bolted out of bed when we heard the sirens going off. There was no way we were hearing what we thought we were hearing!! We didn't wait to find out. We each grabbed kids and took off for the basement. Van, Orrin, and Vivin are sound asleep, clueless to what is going on. Tallon asked to have a family prayer and it has helped to calm us. Conn is wide awake and I don't think anyone is getting much sleep tonight. Just had to record this first time event in our lives. We have the radios on and are kinda in awe of everything that is going on around us. Prayers going up from the basement tonight. Just to give a little more info. The storm is over Littleton, Eastern Lakewood, Highlands Ranch, and Centennial. We live on the border of Littleton and Lakewood, in Eastern Lakewood. There is hail and rain running down the street and sidewalks, like a river. The wind is crazy and the lightening is amazing. Tallon and I are thinking about changing our minds about living in Lakewood. Tyler is laughing at us. I am getting brave and I am going to send Tyler out for some pics. Hope he comes back!!!

1 comments:

Heidi B said...

This is something I don't miss about living in Kansas. I was never afraid of thunderstorms until we moved to Kansas. I could never sleep even without the sirens. Hopefully you don't have many warnings in Colorado.