For a brief history on kids day we will go back to a conversation that Tallon and I had a year ago:
Tal- "Mom, why don't you love me?"
Mom- "Tallon, I do love you, very much!"
Tal- "Then why don't I have a day?"
Mom- "What do you mean a day?"
Tal- "You have Mother's day, and Dad has Father's day, why don't I have a day?"
Mom- "You do have a day. It is your birthday."
Tal- "You have a birthday."
Mom- "Yup, I do. So what do you think we should do about it?"
Tal- "I think we should have 'kids day'."
Mom- "Great!!"
So last year we started our own little holiday called "Kids Day".
Fast forward to March of this year, Tyler and I are standing at he counter of Sportsmans Warehouse.
Ty- "I want to get Tallon a .22 for 'kids day'"
Me- "Are you kidding! He is 6! I think he should just get something little."
Ty- "No, I think we should get him a .22."
Me- "Really? He is only 6."
Ty- "I know, but he is so good with his BB gun. I think he is ready for a .22."
Me- (knowing that I wasn't going to win this one "okay, but if he shoots his eye out...!"
So we come home with a very fun "kids day" gift for Tallon, and some really cool bikes for the twins. For the last five weeks, all I have heard from Tyler is, "can it be 'kids day' yet?!?!" Tyler has been so excited for this day to come. We decided that "kids day" this year would be May 2, and that it was going to be a day spent spoiling and loving our little ones.

Here is Tallon's reaction when he first saw his surprise!

It doesn't get any better than this. I think his face says it all!! And yes, Tyler was right.

The three boys with their fun "kids day" gifts from Mom and Dad.

Ten mins. later Tallon was still in shock over his new gun. I love when the kids are so excited!

Vivin loving every part of his new bike! He had the biggest grin all day! What a kid.

Orrin showing off his new bike. He was really excited about his gift. He kept running to the door and jabbering, he wanted to go for a ride!

The best of friends! These two were so excited! Tallon kept running over to Tyler and giving him hugs saying "I can't believe you got me a .22!!!"

The smile of one happy Daddy!

And one Happy Tallon!!

We did have a mini course on how the gun worked. Tallon spends so much time with Tyler out in the gun room, so he knew all about his gun and how it worked.

The twins having their first big race in the living room. I think it is safe to say we had 3 of the happiest little boys.

The next big question was, "can we go show Grandpa and shoot my new gun?!?!?" So to Thayne we went to show Grandpa and to shoot Tallon's gun. ...Too bad it was raining!! Tallon wasn't about to let the weather spoil his fun. We simply moved our party from Grover Park to Grandpas house. Here is our wonderful hot dog roast.


And the kid's picnic at Grandma's table.

Grandma let the twins play while the boys (and mom, but only because I was taking pictures) went to try out Tallon's .22.
Tyler and Tallon firing the first shot.

No surprise, Tallon hit where he was aiming! He is a great shot. He was so glad that his gun was already "sighted out", what a kid.

Uncle Jace even got to try...

and Grandpa! Tallon let everyone have a try at it. What a good sport.

Tyler brought along is .22 and wowed us all with his mad skills. When I lose these two this summer, I think I will know right where to find them... shooting!

Tallon made his first bulls eye!! Jace was soooo excited for him.

Tallon's two biggest fans congratulating him on the perfect shot.

Just a few more pics of Tallon with his gun.


He is so his father's child. As soon as we got in the truck, he found a glove and started cleaning his gun. You have to keep them nice!

What a wonderful day!! The boys had a ball and were so good. I still think Tyler and I had the most fun watching our children enjoy their gifts and spending the day doing what ever they wanted. It is our favorite made up holiday and I hope the Boys know that we love them more than anything in this world!
1 comments:
You are a brave woman!!! I told Brayden he couldn't have a gun until he was 16!!! His dad says otherwise we shall see who wins! What fun pictures!
Post a Comment