CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 18, 2009

My Garden!

So what started out as the perfect spot for the trailer, has been transformed into the perfect spot for my garden! My brother-in-law, James, made me this cool raised garden! It is 12x6 (just perfect for starting out) with 4 ft sides, so I don't have to break my back weeding the thing!

The kicker of the whole thing was that I don't need 4 ft of top soil, so Tyler got me a trailer load of rock to fill in the bottom foot. We spent about 2 hours shoveling the rock in it and tonight Tyler is bringing me my top soil, which means I should be able to start planting in the next day or two!!

I am really excited to try my hand at gardening. It is something I have no experience with, so I know I am in for a lot of trial and error. If nothing else it will be fun to see what I can get to grow, even if it is only a weed!

0 comments: