This picture of course is off Van's little tummy. To the twins' it is know as his "fish". The first time they came to see Van they had him all undressed and examined every inch of him. They started laughing and said "Mom, look at his fish!", so now every time they see him they want to see his fish. Too funny!
So today was a hard day. Dr. Pockat came in early and said that Van was up 2 oz which was great. His billi was down to a 9 which was encouraging. His platelets were up but only in the 30,000 which was baffling. There was no reason that his numbers were so low. He showed no sign of infection or anything that would cause such low numbers, so Dr. Pockat said that he had called down to Salt Lake and talked to the neonatoligits(sp) at Primary Children's so see if they had any theories of why Van's numbers where so low. They didn't have any "easy" answers so they were going to research it and give a call when they had maybe some answers. They want Van to stay under the lights for another 24 hours and around noon the nurse came in and said that the doctors in Salt Lake had called and wanted to do a cranial ultrasound to check for bleeding on the brain. I freaked out and just cried. Tyler was on his way but still had 2 or 3 errands to run plus the boys to drop off. It was Tallon's last day of school and I was pretty bummed about missing it and now my baby could have a brain bleed. I called my dad and cried and he agreed to come and help give Van a blessing this afternoon. The ultrasound tech came in just a few mins after the nurse told me and soon I found ourselves in a room doing scans on my babies brain! It was quick and painless and Van slept through the whole thing.
I was glad when Tyler came and I could get a hug and cry a little. It is amazing how crying makes me feel better sometimes. My parents came and Tyler and dad gave Van a beautiful blessing. Van was promised to be made well and the doctors were blessed to find a reason for the low platelet numbers.
The doctors also ran some more blood work on me to see if I had maternal antibodies that were attacking Van's platelets. This would be a good thing compared to a brain bleed. Tyler stayed with me until the doctor came in and told us that the ultrasound of Van's brain looked great and if everything stayed the same through the night we would be able to come home tomorrow. I hope this is the case. Ty left to put the twins to bed and Tallon is staying the night with me. It will be nice to have some company for the night.

11 comments:
Jaymie he is SO handsome! What a sweet baby. Congrats to you all!!
Congratulations! He looks so sweet. Hope all is well.
Look how dang cute he is!!! I am so glad you guys are home, you can be sure I will be over to visit soon! (Well maybe sometime the first of next week :D)
Yeah! I have been waiting to see a picture, he is SO cute!! Congratulations! Please let me know if I can come and get your boys to play sometime.
congrats, he is very cute.
He is so adorable, congrats Jaymie!
So adorable! He looks just like his brothers! We are so happy for you!
YEA! Such a handsome little man! Congratulations! Love you guys.
Congrats Jaymie, he is beautiful. Nice work momma.
He is so cute! Let me know if you need something!
Oh, he is too cute! Congratulations!
Post a Comment