CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Blessings

Today was our first day in our new ward. The boys did great going to their new classes and meeting new friends. I said a prayer as we were going in that we would meet a family or two that would help us feel that this ward could be home. As we were leaving Tyler introduced me the the Jacobson family. She has a brother in law from the valley. We laughed at what a small world it really is. When we went to leave the church the car wouldn't start. There we sat. We know nobody. Faces are just faces and there are no names to them. Then the Jacobson family drove by and stopped to help. He and Tyler have spent the entire afternoon trying to get the Excursion going. All afternoon. Rides to and from the house, getting our family home from church, going to the parts store, helping with numbers of mechanics, you name it Brother Jacobson has helped do it. To top it off, Tyler's batteries died on his truck when he went to start it this morning, no life left to be charged. So here we sit car less in a city that we know no one, except the Jacobson's. Thanks to their service we were able to get a ride to get some new batteries and he and Tyler are working on towing the Excursion to a shop. Yes we are having a pretty hard day, but yet there are blessings, and it is the blessing that will keep us going.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad to hear you made it to your new home. I hope you can settle in quickly and that the car fiasco gets worked out! Somehow I am missing you already. ;)

PONCIANO said...

I have been thinking about you a lot lately!! Wondering if you got moved where you hadn't posted about yet. I wish you would have called we would have loved to help you pack or take your kids off your hands for a couple of hrs. I hope you like your new place. Fill us in:)