CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 5, 2010

Not my Tree! Anything but my TREE!!!

Last night when Tyler and Tallon got home from the Braves Basketball game it was snowing. I don't just mean snowing like it has all winter, I mean put down a couple 6 inches in a matter of hours SNOWING. We knew we would wake up to a mess but we never thought we would wake up to what we did.

Tyler got up bright and early so that he could push snow for my moms so they could get to the house. Me, being the supportive wife that I am, got up with him so that I could offer my support from the warm house. We saw the backyard and were completely sick at the sight of that much snow, but when Tyler parted the blinds and started swearing, my heart just sank. All that I could get out was "Oh not my tree, please tell me it isn't my tree!?". I will admit I cried as I looked out my front window and I cried even harder when I walked out and saw this!!!!


Oh it could have been anything in the yard. Why did it have to be the tree. I think a wrecked vehicle would have been easier to handle, at least they are insured and can be fixed. But this, there was no fixing this! I kept telling myself (and Tyler) that the snow was still just heavy and if we let it sit awhile it would spring back up like magic and it would be all better!

There was no getting the van out to get Tallon to school with the disgusting white stuff all piled up in the drive way. So He was tickled pink when he got to go on the four-wheeler.


Just a few pics of the lovely back yard. This really is the first BIG snow of the year. Why did it have to come in March!?!?



The twins had no complaints, they love when they get to spend hours helping Dad push snow.


So my thought of "it will spring back to life" was totally shattered when Tyler walked in and handed me the camera. I don't think there is any spring to be sprung in this.


So the only thing we could do was call for help, dig out the trailer, gas up the chainsaw, and go to work. Tyler and Bobby had it done in a matter of mins. I sat in the house holding Camryn and just cried every time I heard the chainsaw. (Is it bad that I am so attached to a tree??).




And there you have it. Nothing left but a blasted ugly old stump.


The only highlight of the entire day was this little cutie.



I really hope that tomorrow goes a lot better than today or it could be a long weekend!

0 comments: