CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Released

The word has been spinning around in my head for 2 weeks now.

Released.

But what about all the things coming up.

Released.

There are 2 surgeries happening this week. Meals to plan. Visits to make.

Released.

Follow through with the big things but start to transition out.

Released.

We have 10 companionship's to redue for Visiting Teaching.

Released.

It has been a different couple of weeks at our house. 10 months ago when the Bishop called Tyler and I into his office and extended the calling of Relief Society President I was overcome with so many emotions. But things started off with a bang and haven't slowed down one bit. When we found out we were expecting our soon to be little one we wondered what would happen. Bishop kept telling us to strap on our boots because I wasn't going anywhere. So I was shocked when Bishop came by late one night and extended my release. Shocked. He said a bunch of stuff that I don't remember. I cried. Tyler cried. But I still needed to serve for 2 more weeks until the new presidency was fully in place.

It as been a strange feeling. The immediate things were a joy to handle. But when people started planning more that 2 weeks out I could already tell that the mantle was leaving. So today as I went to church I went with mixed emotions. As the bishopric started reading the members of the ward being released from callings I cried as my name and the names of my ladies were read. But as the new Presidency was called I had the most confirming feeling of this is the way the Lord wanted it to be. So after 10 months of being Relief Society President with all the stress and prayers that go along with the calling, I now find myself praying for the new amazing woman who will fulfill this calling perfectly.

How thankful I am for callings that stretch and test to the limits, and how thankful I am when it is someone elses turn!

1 comments:

Nield Moments said...

It is such a strange feeling when you are first called, but being released is even worse. It is such a bittersweet moment!!!