CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Lifetime Friend

I was going through pictures from this summer and came across our trip up Murphy. As I was looking at some of the twins I smiled and thought how lucky they are to have a built in best friend. They are so close to each other and how great that this closeness will carry through their lives.
It has been quite the experience watching these two grow together. I remember in the NICU when they finally were able to be put in the same isolate, their monitors starting going off and buzzers were screaming. As the nurses looked everything over, all the commotion was caused because their numbers were over 100!! These two boys had fought for life for 2 days and struggled to keep their sats in the low 90's, and the moment they were back together they thrived!!
I love the bond that has developed the past 22 months. Just think, always having your best friend right there!!!

Being a mother is a highlight of this mortal experience, but being a mother of twins is a special blessing. Some days are better than others, and when they fight I want to pull my hair out. But to see them love each other better, and go off to play, melts my heart. Of course right now they are napping and what is better than nap time (twins are so innocent when they are asleep)!!!

0 comments: