skip to main |
skip to sidebar
This morning I woke up tired and exhausted from a long night dealing with the flu. It seems to have hit all of us except Tallon. I called Tallon's teacher and told her I was not going to make it to help in the classroom, and was informed that the heating system at the school was not working. Workers were on their way to fix the problem, but she asked that I have Tallon dress warm so he would be comfortable. I passed the information on to Tallon, he finished getting ready, and out the door he went to catch a ride from our neighbor. The heat must have gotten fixed for there was no call to have us pick up our kids, so I spent most of the day on the couch trying to catch up on some much needed rest. Tallon comes home around 1:45, and today was no different. What was different was his clothing!! He apologized for forgetting his 2 shirts at school, but told me he was too hot to wear all the clothes he had on. I busted out laughing as he took off his coat and revealed that he had on his union suit (he calls them his cowboy underwear, the ones that go from your neck to your ankles, with a butt flap in just the right spot) and wranglers with a hole in the knee!! I can only imagine what some of the adults must have been thinking as they saw his wardrobe.

I asked what 2 shirts got left at school and was informed that one was his orange flannel and the other was a sweatshirt!! No wonder the kid got hot! We had a small talk on what was appropriate for school clothes and Tallon just smiled and said "you told me to dress warm"! What a good little boy to always mind his mother!
0 comments:
Post a Comment