Tallon and the twins decided the next day should be a papa day. It was around 35 degrees so we loaded everyone up and went feeding. The twins loved the baby calves. They would let them suck on their gloves and laughed the entire time. They played with the puppies and drove the tractor, what more could two little boys ask for!!
Tallon's favorite part was riding the sled behind the wagon. He laughed and fell off so many times. He really loved it when grandpa got on with Uncle Jace and they got to try to push each other out of the sleds. It really brought back memories of my childhood being pulled behind the team and sleigh. It is great that enjoyment can come from the simplest things.
Tyler and Jacob were able to get some duck hunting in and Jacob was all smiles when he brought back his first duck.
I wonder what it is with boys and just having to touch it!! The twins and Jace thought it was the best thing ever.
Tyler and I decided tonight should be our date night and told Tallon we were going snowshoeing, so it ended up being date night plus one (I guess it is better than date night plus three!). Of course we didn't leave until around 5:00 and by then it was cold!!!!! I tried to talk Tallon out of going but he told me to toughen up because when you go with him getting cold isn't good, and if I didn't want to go I could go home because he and dad were going!(sometimes he isn't at all sweet). So I toughened up. When we started out it was cold!!!! I even made Tyler take a picture so I could prove how tough I was. No you are not seeing things, it says -4 but I didn't want to get left for my date so off we went.
The best part of snowshoeing for me is the views. I loved the sunset and you can't beat the peace and quiet.
It really wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. After a while you just go numb!! It really was a great night and a warm truck never looked so good. Tallon was really worried that a coyote was going to eat me!! He wasn't scared he said he just didn't want me to get hurt (sometimes he is a sweet kid)!! We were all glad to find some hot coco and enjoy the rest of the night!!

4 comments:
Can you believe the Christmas break is already here & gone!!! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I think the snowshoeing looks fun, I would like to try it, but it may have to warm back up a tad for me to brave it!
Lyndi
Wow, it looks like you had a great Christmas break! I hope your new year is wonderful!
You are so awesome for doing outside stuff in the winter. The pictures are adorable as usual.
I was just remembering your dad throwing us off the back of the sleigh. It was so hard to run through the deep snow in all your snow clothes and I never could catch up - your dad would just laugh. As soon as we got back on -he'd throw us off again, fun times. I'm kinda sad my kids are city kids that don't get to to that stuff!
Post a Comment