CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My kid has WHAT!?!?!?!

A few days ago Vivin started with a cough and I was worried that the crud had finally found its way to our home. He would only cough at night, during the day he was fine. However, yesterday morning when I went to get him out of his crib, to my horror, his face had these red streaks and blotches all over. They went all over his face and up the back of his neck and into his hair, it looked terrible. He was running a slight fever so a little Tylenol and many phone calls later we found our selves at the doctors office. After a brief examination and the answering of a few questions it was determined that my little Vivin has tonsillitis and Scarlett Fever!! I just about died right there on the spot. The doctor picked up on my horror and quickly explained that Scarlett Fever is simply an allergic reaction to the strep virus that was nestled in Vivin's tonsils. It made me feel a bit better, but still, Scarlett Fever!! We filled his prescription and this morning we are all giggles and grins. I am glad that my kids react quickly to medicine. The fun thing now is that Orrin is starting with a cough, I have already called the doc for some more of that good medicine and hopefully we will bypass the horror of hearing "your child has Scarlett Fever".

2 comments:

~Carolyn Beth said...

That is SO scary!

Brent and Jenny Colvin said...

Yikes! Scarlett fever DOES sound scary. :) BTW which side of your families do twins run? Is that even grammatically correct? :)