CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 13, 2010

Twins first day of Preschool

This morning the twins started preschool!!
Ahhhh!
I have been looking forward to this day for a few months now. The new friends they would make, the new adventures they would have, the 2 1/2 hours of peace.
But the closer it came the sadder I got.
2 1/2 hours without my babies, what if the kids were mean, and what if they needed me!?
Yeah I know pathetic.
The truth be told, I was worried about how the boys were going to react.
Orrin I figured would cry but then enjoy the day with no big problems. That is just his personality.
Vivin is a bit more timid with new things. It was for him that I was most worried. I knew this day was going to be hard for him and that fact broke my heart.
We woke up early, had breakfast, and then it was time for pictures.
Orrin all smiles and ready to go

Vivin, we'll just say that Vivin didn't share Orrin's enthusiasm


Each is truly their own


Vivin slowly warming up


Waiting and watching for the bus


Vivin finally smiled!! There might be hope


Orrin saw the bus pull up and he took off running. He nearly took out his teacher when he gave her a running hug.


Vivin was excited to see the bus but was very content to have me carry him out. Once it was time to get on the bus both boys became very timid. I carried Vivin on first and had to hold him down while I strapped him in. I carried Orrin on and he cried for bit but as soon as he saw other kids he settled down and tried to help Vivin. (this pic breaks my heart, poor viv was so upset)


This was the first time I have ever put my kids on a bus and had to walk away. As the bus pulled away and rounded the corner I could still hear Vivin screaming.

I cried.

I came in the house and called Tyler and cried. My heart broke for Viv.

I waited 30 mins before I called the CDC to see how things were going. They said that Orrin was doing great and once they convinced Vivin to get off the bus he had warmed up.
It was a really long 2 1/2 hours. But when the bus pulled up to drop them off, they were both all smiles! They were waving and yelling for me to see them on the bus. What a wonderful sight.

We hugged and they both told me all about their day. Orrin had more to say than Vivin but that was okay.
They next thing we did was call our daddy

Orrin is excited to go back.

Vivin, ...well Vivin says that he isn't going back. He did it once and feels that he doesn't need to do it again.

Everything considered, I think it was a successful day.

1 comments:

PONCIANO said...

Way to go boys!!! The picture on the bus breaks my heart too! I sure hope you can get Vivon on the bus again:)